About General AirUncommonly Capable
In the fall of 1970 my Father (Gary Armstrong), having just returned from a tour of duty in Vietnam, joined the company as its General Manager. My Dad earned a business degree from Colorado State University and had acquired essential engineering, industrial and leadership skills while serving in the military and working throughout college.
Aurora Store Opens
Today General Air is still owned and managed by the Armstrong Family (3rd Generation), but we would remiss if we didn’t share that our employees are owners too. In 2007, we became a partial ESOP which is part of our secret sauce for recruiting and retaining the best in our industry.
As you can see from our timeline, we are a company on the move, but our quest isn’t just to multiply in size. We believe growth is a by-product of providing quality products, with value, and honoring our employee, customer and vendor relationships.
To learn more about our culture and statements on how we manage our business, please read on below (see culture statements).
While we are known for being a gas and welding supply distributor, we are so much more. We love a challenge and would love the opportunity to show you how we can serve. Please give us a call or stop by one of our branches so that you can experience the General Air difference.
• To meet our customers needs and expectations with quality, integrity and value.
• To recognize and treat people as our most valuable asset.
• To honor God, Family, Community and Nation in all we do.
• To equitably share the results of our efforts according to contribution.
We will develop meaningful relationships with our customers, partnering with them to identify ways that make their jobs easier, allowing them to save money and improve their workplace safety.
Adapting to change with innovation, we promise never to become complacent.
Put the Moose on the Table
Honest communication is key for any successful relationship. Positive conversations are desirable, yet unpleasant topics can become as distracting as a life-sized moose standing in the middle of the room.
Rather than ignoring these issues, we at General Air choose to “put the moose on the table” to discuss and resolve any issues that might hinder progress.
In this Company
• Professional growth is a personal responsibility.
• We attack problems, not people.
• We do not gossip.
• We think first about what I can do to resolve or correct a situation before we bring it to others attention.
• We do not use email as a means to communicate time urgent or emotionally sensitive topics.
• We believe in total accountability.
• We find a way to say “yes.”
• We speak as though children are present.
• We believe and practice the golden rule.
What We Value…
A Servants Heart
Who We Are…
MS150 Bike Race
Thanksgiving Food drive
The holidays just don’t seem as joyful if families aren’t gathered around a table with plenty of food to eat and time to share together. For many in our community that simple idea seems like a distant dream. For over 20 years, General Air has had a goal to assemble as many full thanksgiving meals as employees we have on staff. Last year we assembled over 1000 meals benefiting local non-profit organizations such as the Denver Kids, Confluence Ministries, Joshua Station, and battered women’s shelters. Throughout the years we have learned, it truly is better to give than to receive.